What we're asking
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in engineering or other relevant degree, with advanced degrees an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in acoustic engineering services;
- Experience in conducting acoustic compliance measurements of wind power projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
- Strong knowledge of physical acoustics;
- Strong knowledge of environmental acoustic measurements at wind farms, including measurement equipment and software for data analysis;
- Knowledge of noise modelling software such as CadnaA or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills in project management;
- Demonstrated ability to develop business opportunities;
- Leadership abilities;
- Knowledge of local permitting and noise regulations in North America;
- Good understanding of the wind power industry;
- Broad understanding of the project development process and siting approval process.
The characteristics listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting abilities.
- Capable of travelling to projects in development, construction and operation sites in varying locations (expected to be about 5-20% annual time).
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Must be Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Displaying high integrity and honesty – Clients rely on DNV GL’s independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
- Building relationships – The ability to gain and maintain the trust of developers and banks is critical to our success
- Powerful communication – The ability to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a manner that can be understood by non-technical clients
- Applying thinking skills – Identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required; P.E. or P.Eng. licenses preferred. INCE certification an advantage.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time; when working in office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 5-20% of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Local employment conditions apply.