POSITION: Principal – Field Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the Field Services Discipline
RESPONSIBLE TO: Albert Maniscalco, Partner
Cerami & Associates is excited to expand their Field Services department, which is focused on field related work that involves short duration trouble shooting projects, noise & vibration monitoring, and field support for internal clients. We are looking for an experienced individual who is well versed in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry and enjoys problem solving. This position will be responsible for managing the people and resources of the group, oversee the development of new technologies and methodologies as the department grows, managing group profitability goals, managing team performance with metrics, staffing, and ensure all quality controls/assurance measures are taken on all projects.
- Manage the people, resources and workflow of a group
- Provide technical and logistical leadership from marketing to final testing of project.
- Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
- Responsibility for the financial success of projects.
- Ensures the company goals are achieved.
- Ability to further develop expertise and create new operational processes.
- Responsible for staff development- creating development plans for each employee which aligns with the firm’s goals.
- Responsible for technical education and training of junior staff
- Responsible for staff retention and recruitment.
- Responsible for mentorship and outside program development.
- Maintain client relationships and penetrate existing clients.
- Evaluate and approve RFPs and proposals.
- Assist in marketing and business development processes
Financial Management & Administration
- Establish and maintain project and/or group profitability goals.
- Oversee project billing, approve project costs and fees.
- Determine and oversee staff performance and development standards, responsible for team productivity and morale.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview and approve additions to staff.
- Resolve employment issues to support positive work climate and minimize legal risk.
- Responsible for outstanding invoices. Document all client contacts. Work with accounting to create documentation for additional services and outstanding invoices.
- Maintain technical and process manuals and provide technical input to Cerami database.
Education & Experience
- At least 10 years in the Architecture, Construction & Engineering industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or experience in one or more of the following – acoustical, mechanical or architectural engineering involving noise and vibration analysis
- Must be proficient with sound and vibration measurement equipment including sound pressure level meters (preferably Bruel & Kjaer or NTi), multichannel analyzers (preferably National Instruments), FFT analysis, dynamic signal analysis, etc.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Matlab and Labview, and other analysis software is helpful.
- Must have a working knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing devices commonly found in building construction.
For more information, please contact: Trish Muench